Forum EDEN
  • 21 Mai 2019 à 05:18:35
  • Bienvenue, Invité
Merci de vous connecter ou de vous inscrire.

Connexion avec identifiant, mot de passe et durée de la session
Recherche avancée  

Nouvelles:

Bienvenue sur le forum officiel d'EDEN !

Auteur Sujet: Making a Horde list...?  (Lu 3453 fois)

jms

• Baroudeur
  • Membre
  • Hors ligne Hors ligne
Making a Horde list...?
« le: 15 Juillet 2015 à 05:28:21 »

Alright, I'm stumped. Any suggestions for good Horde lists? I prefer the animals.

I can see the Butcher is solid, as is the Beast Master+Mireling "combo". I also really quite like the deep master and lycals.

I'm just not sure how to get everything into a list. The lists I've been looking at just don't seem... right.

Idea 1#
beast master
Mireling
Dominant Lycal
Deep master (or dunbar/degenerate w/5VIG+chitinous hound? Or maybe butcher and only one Lycal?)
2x Lycal

Idea 2#
beast master
Butcher
Mireling
Chitinous Hound
Deep master

Thoughts? I do have the zombros but I'm not sure about them without Broodmaster.

lazyfimfim

• Membre
  • Hors ligne Hors ligne
Re : Making a Horde list...?
« Réponse #1 le: 15 Juillet 2015 à 10:44:31 »

Hi, the butcher is one of my favourite model, and i tried to put him every time i could  ;)

I do  like your first list, but i would try to put the three lycals to go with the dominant. It's a bit tricky, as you have to put 2 masters in your lists (it's really hard to play with just one master), on the other hand, 3 masters is a bit too much.
I'm working on a list with the butcher and the deep master for a tanky list, but i don't have the last one yet !

On the last Open du Sud i participed, here's the list i played on all the 7 games, with a pretty cool result (8th or 9th on 26 players).

Beast Master
Butcher
2x Lycals
Chitinous Hound
Mireling
Black Wolf

Pretty solid list, 7 miniatures, 12PS, 4 tactical cards, average speed 5 (the mireling is activated with the beast master, or is enraged). Great combat average, and with poison, you can ubber kill whatever you want.
The butcher is here to tank the great fighter from the opponent (askari warrior, for example), and to duel him when he wants to flee. And you spam your beasts with all the fury you have  ;D ;D
On 7 games, i played 6 combat missions, and it works (except low dice results, it happens, and on Nephilims, as Ar'Gammon hits harder ^^)
You can also play objectives, as you have much speed, and the black wolf, with solo and the beast master's handler, you can travel very far.

Hope it helps  ;)
Elle a les
Yeux
Bleus
Felindra !!!

jms

• Baroudeur
  • Membre
  • Hors ligne Hors ligne
« Réponse #2 le: 15 Juillet 2015 à 12:12:05 »

Can you explain why you feel three masters is too many?

I look at list two, for example: I generate 6 fury each turn and the beast master will spend three almost every turn on his own. In the first list, I could spend 5 a turn no trouble. The masters themselves also seem to be pretty good.

Nedzegob

• Rédacteur Webzine
  • Membre
  • Hors ligne Hors ligne
  • Sphinx
« Réponse #3 le: 15 Juillet 2015 à 12:25:08 »

Tza used to play a list with 3 masters:
Butcher/ Broodmaster / beastmaster / bloody degenerate

It works pretty well, as you do not need to count the fury and can use the bloody degenerate's furies almost every turn.
Downside: when you lose the degenerate, you lose your only way to kill.

If I wanted to play 3 masters, I would rather go with this kind of list:
Deep master / Beast master / Master of Flesh / Mireling / Degenerate (the one with VIG 5) / Lycal
You have 15 SP, 7 figures (with the offspring), a lot of fury and many things to do with it (degenerate is a real monster if you have enough fury).

Of course, all of this needs to be tested... ;)
Navré, mais non.

Membre du MIA (maintien de l'intimité des ablutions)

jms

• Baroudeur
  • Membre
  • Hors ligne Hors ligne
« Réponse #4 le: 16 Juillet 2015 à 02:44:10 »

Really helpful, thanks both.

I feel like the Horde have a couple of obvious combos and it isn't quite possible to jam them all into a list.

I don't own the Flesh Master, nor do I own the Wolf - so those two specific suggestions aren't quite possible for me to play, but I can play around with the skeletons of each list. Any other helpful thoughts?

lazyfimfim

• Membre
  • Hors ligne Hors ligne
« Réponse #5 le: 16 Juillet 2015 à 08:57:51 »

Depend on what you're planning to play.
If you enjoy degenerate, try to take the flesh master. The black wolf is a great model, whatever the list (5/6 SPD, 5 CBT, solo) or the type of mission.
Some masters are helpful everywhere they go, others need some basic list to really show what they can do.

Savage master need some lycals for sacrifice to enrage himself. Basically, you play him along with the beast master to gain more rage tokens.
The butcher is a bit tricky to play, as he will die many time, and you have to be sure, it's the right moment (like the askari warrior killed him, but now, he has no more AP, and you can kill it).
Try to engage, hit once, and flee, to make more models to fight the same ennemy (like a lycal engage, hit, flee, then a second one engage, and hit twice). Because sometimes, you want have much space to place all your minions.

I really enjoy the animals side of the hord, others prefer the zombi part.
The real question is, with what kind of jaws you want to eat your opponent ?  ;D
« Modifié: 16 Juillet 2015 à 08:59:53 par lazyfimfim »
Elle a les
Yeux
Bleus
Felindra !!!

jms

• Baroudeur
  • Membre
  • Hors ligne Hors ligne
« Réponse #6 le: 16 Juillet 2015 à 12:35:18 »

Thanks. In particular I really like the new Deep Master. He doesn't appear to have any obvious combos but seems to be pretty good on his own. Anything you'd suggest if I really want to play with him?

jms

• Baroudeur
  • Membre
  • Hors ligne Hors ligne
« Réponse #7 le: 17 Juillet 2015 à 00:50:51 »

Another quick Q: my chitinous hounds blister came with 40mm bases, but the models for easily onto a 30mm. Which is the correct size for them?

lazyfimfim

• Membre
  • Hors ligne Hors ligne
« Réponse #8 le: 17 Juillet 2015 à 08:35:27 »

40mm !

I didn't play the deep master yet, but i had an idea of a tanky list (average endurance 5), because with his heal and his endurance, it can be fun.
The rough list would be
Butcher
Deep master (as your leader)
Blood degenerate
degenerate (endurance 5)
Lycal (to fill the 5 points)

6 miniatures (with the broodling), 4 tactical cards and 11 PS. You hit a bit hard (average CBT5), a bit of poison with the broodling, VIG 5, much Hit points, and many heals.
I think it can be really hard to take down, but, to quote nedzegob, all this has to be tested  :D
Elle a les
Yeux
Bleus
Felindra !!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk