Forum EDEN
  • 06 Décembre 2019 à 19:39:28
  • Bienvenue, Invité
Merci de vous connecter ou de vous inscrire.

Connexion avec identifiant, mot de passe et durée de la session
Recherche avancée  

Nouvelles:

Bienvenue sur le forum officiel d'EDEN !

Auteur Sujet: My Nephilim... and some Convoy and Jokers  (Lu 6972 fois)

jms

• Baroudeur
  • Membre
  • Hors ligne Hors ligne
My Nephilim... and some Convoy and Jokers
« le: 02 Août 2015 à 00:55:51 »

Hey dudes,

I've been meaning to do this for a while - this is a little hobby diary to help inspire myself to paint and keep the hobby juices flowing. Now, I'm no where near as good as most of the dudes that post to this forum - but I'm hoping that I can put good tabletop quality pieces down and also that I can improve slowly. I'm using an iPhone camera so I'll also say that they generally look better in the flesh than in the photos...

Anyway, this thread is the result of our little group encouragement thing we're doing on our facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/groups/EdenAustralia/

I've pledged myself to paint my Nephilim (I've already hit them with the spray and I did a real simple weapon swap on the middle guy):

And these four Convoy (I replaced Otto's foot so he could stand on the treestump - was thinking about a headswap for Carsten, which would remove that cloak... was thinking about trying a GW hairy head maybe...):

I'm also going to rebase some of my jokers that are based a little differently to the rest of my clowns:

Otherwise, I've been working on the Nephs recently and just finished off one of the leader figures (just removed his silly weapon though). I thought I'd include some WIP shots, as well as the finished version (along with a couple of his mates too)... otherwise this would be a post with a bunch of bare models...

The GW technical paint - this one didn't work out as well as the others I've tried, but it does get such a good effect.

His wrist weapon really doesn't look so purple in real life...

His posse, so far:

Hopefully I'll have some progress to show in the next couple days :)

jms

• Baroudeur
  • Membre
  • Hors ligne Hors ligne
Re : My Nephilim... and some Convoy and Jokers
« Réponse #1 le: 05 Août 2015 à 00:56:39 »

Hey friends - very small update here. I was further along but poor Ar'Gamon ran afoul of my wife - she accidently knocked him off my desk and... well... start again. Ouch.

So, I've managed to get base colours and first washes down so far.

The picture doesn't really show it (and it was better the first time), but the deep purple looks really nice at this step. I'm wondering if I wouldn't get a better finish by putting some edge highlights on at this step and calling it done. That'd mean redoing all the others though...

Maybe two more sessions and it'll be finished I think! Should be done by the end of the week, which wouldn't be a bad start to my diary.

jms

• Baroudeur
  • Membre
  • Hors ligne Hors ligne
« Réponse #2 le: 08 Août 2015 à 08:59:42 »

Another update - finished Ar'Gamon. I will admit that after he got exploded I wasn't as into painting him... but I'm happy enough with him. He definitely looks like he's been brushing his teeth - even in real life it is too bright, but it really shouldn't be. The shadows around the mouth are probably a little strong... I might hit it with a very thin wash to dull it down.

He looks good when he's with the squad. I'm going to try and get the basecoat down on the Convoy this weekend - I'll try and finish off the last two Nephilim from my pledge this week.

I think I need to use a real camera and maybe take from a little further away. The close shots are unkind :P

sakurazuka38

• Membre
  • Hors ligne Hors ligne
« Réponse #3 le: 08 Août 2015 à 15:31:41 »

I like the purple..they look very scary!!

jms

• Baroudeur
  • Membre
  • Hors ligne Hors ligne
« Réponse #4 le: 10 Août 2015 à 00:39:17 »

This diary has been really great in terms of motivation. With little man I don't get reliable hobby time but I've been motivated to set myself up so I'm ready to steal short bursts here and there around his naps.

He had his shots on Friday though, so this weekend poor kid was just tuckered out and I managed to get in two good sessions. Got all the base colors and most of the first washes down on the last two pledged Nephilim models. Hoping to get the purple wash down tonight (too many grizzles last night heh) - anything more would be a bonus. Will be on to the Convoy in the next couple days I reckon!

jms

• Baroudeur
  • Membre
  • Hors ligne Hors ligne
« Réponse #5 le: 12 Août 2015 à 13:21:06 »

And I've wrapped up the three Nephs for the pledge... there's a couple more Nephs that I'd like to paint, but the main one is going to require some thought because I'll need to cut him up a bit I think. So... onto the Convoy. I'll try get the undercoats down tomorrow when I get home from work. If little man cooperates I might even get the chance to rebase those clowns too...!

I have to say, I had been putting painting Yg'Faris off for a while... I'm glad I started this diary and gave it a bash. I'm quite happy with how he turned out. 

Stay tuned!

jms

• Baroudeur
  • Membre
  • Hors ligne Hors ligne
« Réponse #6 le: 25 Août 2015 à 01:56:51 »

Hey guys,

Fiiiiiinally some more progress. Started work on the Convoy. Here's Jurgen - the first image is how he looked after one session and the second is after the second. I think one more good session to apply some more highlights (especially to the brown) and finish off the base.

I'd love to have the finished product to show off tomorrow...!

jms

• Baroudeur
  • Membre
  • Hors ligne Hors ligne
« Réponse #7 le: 27 Août 2015 à 01:18:08 »

Hi guys,

Finally got this guy finished off. Very happy with him. The iPhone just doesn't do him justice - I really think the Convoy are going to look awesome.

jms

• Baroudeur
  • Membre
  • Hors ligne Hors ligne
« Réponse #8 le: 06 Octobre 2015 à 07:58:45 »

The last couple weeks have been crazy between baby and work. Finally managed to get some more painting down, however...

The mighty Otto of the Convoy.

This is my first attempt, basically ever, painting white. It is also my first attempt using the blood technical paint. I'm really happy with the blood and mostly happy with the white. I should also say, although Otto is dark skinned I just got a white skin that I was happy with, so I'm not too keen to experiment there. For now the convoy will lack for racial diversity.

jms

• Baroudeur
  • Membre
  • Hors ligne Hors ligne
« Réponse #9 le: 07 Octobre 2015 à 12:55:36 »

Managed to also polish off the Doctor. The resin water isn't dry yet (won't be so blue by the morning), but I couldn't wait.

I'm really happy with how this group looks so far (and they even look alright with my really unflattering photography).

pantoufle

• Membre
  • Hors ligne Hors ligne
  • Champion de peinture à l'épaulé jeté
« Réponse #10 le: 07 Octobre 2015 à 22:40:57 »

Your Convoy is very nice. Good paint and colors and your bases are really great.

I m not fan of your Nephilim's colors choice. but bases are still impressive =)
De l'eau ! De l'air ! Du savon ! => l'Open Douche
Membre du FUCK (Front de Up Concret de Ken)
http://pantoufle-jeux.blogspot.fr/

Galthan Ironsturm

• Membre
  • Hors ligne Hors ligne
    • Segmentum Solar.
« Réponse #11 le: 08 Octobre 2015 à 08:03:27 »

Realy beautifull mini!

Mmh...perhaps add some tattoo on Jurgen ans Otto ?

I love your Nephilim's bases...Realy great!

jms

• Baroudeur
  • Membre
  • Hors ligne Hors ligne
« Réponse #12 le: 08 Octobre 2015 à 10:01:05 »

Thanks for the nice feedback guys!

As for the nephilim - the ones with lots of armour, I'm happy with the colours. The ones with more flesh... I'm not so happy with them. For them, the purple is too strong.

And tattoos... hah! I would love to, but I just don't have the skill :)

Galthan Ironsturm

• Membre
  • Hors ligne Hors ligne
    • Segmentum Solar.
« Réponse #13 le: 11 Octobre 2015 à 11:52:48 »

You paint eyes...you havé skill ;)

;D ;D ;D ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk